December 10, 2012
Hurry and Help!!!!!
My dear friend Cindy is doing an awesome thing. She is trying to help a little girl's dream come true by personally delivering 10,000 letters to Macy's so they will donate that money The Make a Wish Foundation. Please please help!! Write as many letters to Santa as you can and email them to my friend at CindySantaLetter@yahoo.com and she will put them in an envelope and get them to Macy's!
Her note is below....She is taking them TOMORROW!!! So write them TODAY!!
Thanks and loves to you all!!
"There is a girl named Gabriella in our community that has inoperable brain cancer. She is the family friend of one of Bridger's therapists. Gabriella is collecting letters to Santa to deliver to Macy's, who will donate $1 million dollars to Make-a-Wish if one million letters are received this Christmas. Gabriella wants to personally deliver 10,000 letters. Bridger's therapist requested that I help them. I made a goal to collect 500 letters by next Tuesday. This supports me as I feel this is a way to return the love and devotion that this therapist has shown to Bridger. It is a way to comfort the therapist's daughter, who is a friend of Gabriella. To give the letters to this daughter, who can then pass them along to her sick friend, is helping her feel the power of being a "Sam" and how, despite the grief she feels for her friend, that she can carry her friend when she can't carry her ring.
I created an email account to receive the letters I will present to her in Bridger's therapy session next Tuesday. Email letters to CindySantaLetter@yahoo.com. Type the text directly in an email or scan the letter and attach it to the email and I will put it in an envelope. Letters can be from old or young and need not be anything beyond simple."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh thank you Monica! I just read this post and am so happy to report that we received well over 500 letters! I have been bawling all week as I have read them - mostly from adults, with sincere wishes for their lives and the lives of their loved ones. It made my Christmas to know the good hearts and desires of people all over. Goodness is real. Bridger presented the letters last week in a big box - hearts melted at the presentation. xo, C
Post a Comment